Self-tracking with your smartphone or connected wearables is simple and efficient, but all you get is data. Self-tracking is a great habit and connected devices make it very simple since we can collect our heart rates, our sleep time or our daily number of steps effortlessly. Thanks to Apple HealthKit, all these devices or apps on our smartphone can produce tracking data continuously that is collected and sorted out. However, all you get eventually is a set of charts, lots of visual representation and a long catalog of measures. At first, it is exciting to look at this freshly collected self-tracking data, either on the device specific app or on Apple Health app, but the interest wears down quickly.
Knomee is the missing link to maximize the value that you may get from your HealthKit connected devices. Knomee is designed to help you understand yourself better through self-tracking. Self-tracking is good – it is a scientific fact – but it is tedious. Connected devices are a great opportunity to self-track:
- Fitbit, Garmin, Nokia, Xiaomi … and of course the Apple Watch !
- Nokia connected scale (ex-withings), sleep monitors, ...
- Obviously the phone itself (steps count and multiple apps)
Knomee allows you to select imported trackers when you define your quests, that will ensure that Knomee automatically import – if you decide so - the relevant data through HealthKit. Knomee makes it easy to import data from your HealthKit sources automatically:
- Knomee knows how to import the daily number of steps, the weight, the average daily heart rate, or the number of sleeping hours of the previous night. This list will be extended with future versions of Knomee.
- When you define your own quest by creating trackers, Knomee proposes “imported” as tracker choice that will pick on the four previous types. You will get a warning and will be asked to allow Knomee to import data from HealthKit.
- Measures obtained from HealthKit are represented with squares (as opposed to circles) to remind you that they were obtained automatically
Knomee embedded “artificial intelligence” agent will help you derive more value from the self-tracking that you get automatically from your iPhone or your connected devices. This is where Knomee is much more than “yet another tracker app":
- You may see your imported tracker inside a quest, together with other self-tracking data that you think may be linked (like, does what you eat for dinner impact how you sleep ?)
- Knomee provides you with automated data analysis : you see if some other factors, the time of day, the day of week or the location have an impact on your quest.
- Knomee helps you to get insights from your data through personalised smart notifications.
- Because of Knomee “utmost privacy by design” policy, data will never go from Knomee to HeathKit