We are proud to announce that Knomee 1.8 was released last week on the Apple Store. In addition to a number of minor improvements and bug fixes, this release brings the following new features:
- each quest can now receive its own « collection frequency » which is, how often do you intend to self-track for this quest. In the quest list, Knomee uses color to tell you quests that are waiting for your measures. It used to be defined by your options but with the same frequency for all quests. Now you can say that some quests require frequent tracking (every 4 hours or every 6 hours) while some other are tracked once a day or once a week. Together with the option to temporarily ignore a quest and then restore it later (which was introduced in 1.7), this makes Knomee a great mobile laboratory to play and experiment with quests. There is no sustainable self-tracking without a goal, experts tell us ... and crafting the right quest is the foundation of successful self-tracking.
- Knomee now offers four different color schemes, to emphasise the personalisation. Your self-tracking app is like your personal diary, it should be unique and feel like it. Let us know which colors you like/dislike and we may add a few other combinations. Although coloring may sound downright futile, self-quantified brings tremendous value to one’s life once the habit is formed. Our toughest battle with Knomee is making your diary moment as pleasant and as quick as possible so that you may collect enough data to start seeing these benefits.
- Knomee leverages four features of your smartphone : notifications, cloud storage (quest definitions, not data !), geolocation and HealthKit data. You can see at a glance on the home page which options you have allowed (the four associated icons are grayed if the feature is disabled). With release 1.8, if you click on one of these four icons, Knomee will remind you what it is using.
- Knomee 1.8 brings better Data Visualisation (Dataviz in our jargon). Knomee 1.9 will bring even better insight algorithms - the current version h1s improved both the textual feedback as well as the displays (the charts). Hourly and Daily analysis are now much easier to read (and more precise). The geolocation map analysis is now working pretty well and will tell you if location matters to your quest and where you seem to fare better or worse.
- Not everyone is a quantified self geek and most of you may not wish to look at the dataviz screens. This is why Knomee has a « smart notification engine » which looks at these charts for you and send you a notification once in a while about some insight of interest for you. Knomee 1.8 has considerably increased the quality of the insights produced from data analysis ... hence the frequency has increased, once you have achieved the adequate maturity level with Knomee.
The journey towards generating smart insights from your data is a long one. This summer will be spent on implementing a new generation of machine learning algorithms. You may expect Knomee 1.9 this autumn with even better analytical skills. Still, we hope that you will enjoy the improved usability of Knomee with this 1.8 release.
The Knomee team.